Today Current Affairs & General Knowledge – 23 August 2016
1. Name of the Indian Film Actor, who has been chosen for the coveted French honour of Chevalier Award ? – Kamal Haasan
2. Who is selected for the “senior fellow” at the prestigious Yale University’s institute for global affairs.? – Rakesh Mohan (He is an economist and former deputy governor of RBI).
3.George E.Curry is Passed Away, he is a ___________? – Journalist & Civil Rights Activist
4.In which country of the World the Highest & Longest glass bridge was built ? – Central China (that divides two mountain cliffs in Zhangjiajie Park, in China’s central Hunan province).
5.Who is named as Manipur Governor in the place of Shanmuganathan ? – Dr. Najma Heptulla (Earlier Governor of Meghalaya)
6. Which Country Won the Gold medal in Foot Ball(Men) in Rio Olympics 2016 ? – Brazil( First Gold medal in Foot ball for Brazil in Olympics)
7. Who is the first Indo-Canadian Women hold a position in the Canadian parliament ? -Bardish Chagger
8. In which place the a new species of eel Gymnothorax indicus has been discovered by the Scientists ? – Bay of Bengal (West Bengal coast).
9.Who is named as Lieutenant Governor of the union territory of Andaman and Nicobar Islands ? – Jagdish Mukhi.